When choosing a strategy in any gambling game, there are two things a player is looking for.
- The first is that the strategy is logical, that it makes sense.
- The second is that the strategy gives the player the best possible chance at increasing their probability of winning over the house.
- For most people there is also a third criteria; that the strategy is both easy to understand and remember.
One-Sided Baccarat is a strategy that is most certainly simple and easy to understand. Surprisingly, it is also one of the most logical ways for players to lower the house edge. Just as the name states, following this Baccarat strategy means to pick a side and stick to it. If your side loses three times in a row, it is best to pause betting until your side returns as a winner.
One-sided relies upon the principle that the odds swing to a certain side at a certain point in the game dependant on the cards that have already been drawn. Once you have won a certain number of times, say 4 times, it's best to stop betting and leave the table before the odds swing back and out of your favor.
Betting on the Banker
Betting on the Banker is another common strategy. As the name suggests this strategy involves always betting on the Banker as the classic rules of Baccarat give a slight edge to the Banker. Although this sounds like an excellent strategy, unfortunately, most casinos account for this edge by applying a 5% commission on wins from the Banker. This commission negates the advantage of betting on the Banker.
Doubling Down is another strategy that can help players overcome the house edge. Baccarat results usually follow one of two trends, switching between each every 4 or 5 rounds.
- The first trend is a zig-zagged trend, where the winner of each round switches between Player and Banker.
- The second trend is clustered, so the Player wins consecutively before the consecutive winner switches to the Banker. To double down effectively players should double down directly after losing in the middle of a zigzagged trend. In this way, players take advantage of the patterns their notice and significantly increase their probability of ending the game with more money than what they started with.